One of the most respected radio broadcasting companies in Nevada, Lotus Radio Corp., is currently accepting applications for a Part-time Board Op and Part-time On Air.
The position of Board Operator supports the Production/Programming Department, which is responsible for the daily operations and maintenance of the station’s associated computer/software equipment and systems necessary to meet Production/Programming responsibilities; including other duties as assigned.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for operating the broadcast board for live and taped broadcasts, inclusive of editing, recording and maintaining network feeds.
- Responsible for protecting the station’s FCC license.
- Organize and gather feeds, edit, and distribute copies of shows; check logs and trouble shoot technical issues/problems.
- May be responsible for setting up remote broadcast equipment.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- A minimum of 5 years of experience working in the broadcasting industry within a similar role is preferred
- NexGen experience required
- Demonstrate Production abilities
- Bachelor’s degree is desired, but not required
- Knowledge in broadcast equipment
- Adobe Audition experience a plus
- Ability to troubleshoot broadcast equipment.
- This is a service oriented position requiring excellent written and oral communication skills, personable interaction with fellow employees.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member.
- The position may require use of personal and/or company vehicles for travel to sites as necessary.
- May be required to work other shifts as needed.
- Ability to work under pressure and with tight deadlines.
- Knowledge of safety practices
- Valid Drivers’ License and excellent driving record required. Must have a reliable means of transportation.
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements:
Primarily located in an office environment but will require travel to remote sites. Some repetitive motion required. Ability to climb ladders, step ladders and other necessary equipment. Ability to work in small spaces and lift up to 50+ pounds.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Lotus Radio insures there is no discrimination based on the grounds of race, color, religion, gender, age, handicap, veteran status or national origin in respect to recruitment, evaluation, selection, promotion, compensation and training. Lotus Radio Corp. is an equal opportunity employer. If you know anyone who may be qualified to fill this position, please let him or her know about this opportunity. Those interested are encouraged to apply in person during normal business hours 8:30a-5:30p at 690 East Plumb Lane, Reno, NV 89502 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.