Channel 5 Public Broadcasting, Inc.
1670 N. Virginia St., Reno, NV 89503
(775) 784-4555 ~ FAX (775) 784-4555
Title: Programming Assistant Reports to: Manager of Traffic and Programming
Supervisory Position: No
• The Programming Assistant will Assist Manager of Traffic and Programming in the duties required for on-air broadcast and record logs and other programming related needs for the station.
• Assists Manager of Traffic and Programming in the daily production and maintenance of Broadcast and Record logs.
• Assists Manager of Traffic and Programming in the production of future program schedule grids.
• Assists Manager of Traffic and Programming with monthly Nielsen/Enames reports.
• Assists Manager of Traffic and Programming with weekly Promo reels, building and flighting promos and underwriting credits.
• Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND REQUIRED / PREFERRED EXPERIENCE:
• Extreme attention to detail and organizational skills.
• Demonstrates exceptional MS Excel skills and has experience with MS Office products.
• Demonstrates strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Demonstrates ability to prioritize and plan work activities.
• Demonstrates proven ability to multi-task.
• Demonstrates exceptional customer service and communication (verbal and written) skills.
• Bachelor’s degree in related area or equivalent experience. Previous television scheduling experience preferred.
• Myer’s ProTrack experience preferred.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS OF THE JOB:
• Ability to sit for periods of up to 3.5 hours.
• Ability to lift, carry and push up to 25 lbs and up to 50 lbs with support of another person.
• Ability to bend at the waist and have the use of both hands for phone, computer and filing.
• Ability to drive own vehicle, and possess a valid driver’s license and auto insurance.
PERSON(S) PROVIDING TRAINING AND SUPERVISION FOR THIS POSITION:
Manager of Traffic and Programming
Duties and responsibilities include the principal functions of the job description and shall not be construed as a complete listing of all miscellaneous, incidental or other duties, which may be assigned during normal operations.
Apply at HR@knpb.org