Digital Content Producer
Make your mark in Broadcasting and Digital Media. Sinclair Broadcast Group and Sinclair Digital Solutions are dedicated to making Sinclair a communications powerhouse! We are the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country. Sinclair owns and operates, programs or provides services to more television stations than anyone and has affiliations with all major networks. Sinclair Digital group is focused on bringing the most engaging content to web, mobile and over-the-top broadcasting to audiences all over the country! Our success is the result of extraordinary employees and an exemplary management team who believe in a vision and are dedicated ensuring a great future for our employees. Whether you are an industry veteran or a just starting out, you can find it at Sinclair! We are advancing the world of Broadcasting and we want YOU to join our winning team!
KRNV, Reno has an immediate opening for a creative Digital Content Producer. In this role, you will be responsible for the day-to-day production of our morning, evening or weekend newscasts, as well as working closely with the Executive Producer, Director and Assignment Desk on the newscast and its content. You will determine the content and flow of newscasts, work with management and on-air staff to generate and write stories, and also develop content for our web site. The ideal candidate will have solid news judgment, be a compelling and accurate writer, and be able to multitask and manage their time in order to put together an exciting and informative newscast in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment. The candidate must have at least 1-2 years of previous news producing experience at a commercial TV station.
- Updating and maintaining myNews4.com and Fox11Reno.com page
- Keeping Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and other social platforms updated throughout the day
- Editing and posting relevant materials from reporters and producers onto the website
- Back-end HTML editing to create graphics and ever-changing sections to myNews4.com and Fox11Reno.com page. CSS skills preferred
- Creating web-based content from materials gathered by photographers and reporters
- Gathering news affecting the community
- Preparing story items for presentation in the newscasts
- Assisting in the efficient operation of the assignment desk
- Listening and responding to scanner traffic
- Previous experience as a web writer, web editor is strongly encouraged
- Experience in a newsroom setting on the Assignment Desk is also preferred
- An understanding of StoryLine or a similar CMS
- Commitment to journalistic standards of ethics and accuracy. This includes, but is not limited to, AP style writing, attention to grammar and a sense of urgency when breaking news happens
- Ability to communicate effectively with reporters,management and online viewers
- Advanced computer knowledge and an understanding of HTML/CSS coding
- General knowledge and interest in local, national and world news
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines for both the assignment desk and website
- Expert understanding of Facebook, Twitter, and emerging social media
Sinclair Broadcast Group is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace.
Please apply online by going to: http://sbgi.net/sbgi-careers/